Local Swimming Pool Information
Each year, we at Rintoul Pools and Hot Tubs meet with literally hundreds of homeowners concerning their swimming pool and earnestly do our best to help them find the right pool that fits their needs, be it sizes, shape, budget, or other needs. But, as always, before you decide on any pool, do your homework. Be informed. And think long-term.
For over 44 years now, we at Rintoul Pools and Hot Tubs have installed Thousands of fiberglass, vinyl, and above-ground pools throughout the area. With this experience, we've also had to deal with getting pool permits passed through the zoning and building departments. So for those of you looking to get a swimming pool in your area, here are a few things to know:
Setbacks: Local Fencing & Zoning
- From well/septic the pool must be at least 20' away
- From property lines it must be at least 3' away in Owen Sound & 5 feet in other areas
- From the house it must be 10' away
- 48' Fence height in Owen Sound or the 52" pool wall height can be acceptable as long as the Ladder, pump, and filter are fenced in or more than 4' from the pool wall.
- 60' Fence height in surrounding municipalities
- You will need your lot plan - Showing the location of the house, pool & fence
Also, keep in mind that when you apply for the swimming pool permit it will also include the Fence. Cabanas over 100 sq. ft. need their drawings and permits. An electrical permit for grounding and hook-up must be arranged with a qualified Electrician.
Finally, It will likely take 2-3 weeks to get the permit, so get the application in early, it is valid for 1 year.
Questions? Concerns? Don't hesitate to contact us, we are here to help.
Ask for Phil at 519-376-5858